BIO / CONTACT
"Human beings are creatures that are easily hurt. You might also say that it is our very vulnerability that gives us our humanity"
Fernando Balsera was born in Madrid where started his dance training. He finished his dance education with a Postgraduate in Contemporary Dance at The Place, London.
He has worked for MotionHouse Dance Theater in the UK and Gabriella Maiorino, Lilach Livne and Simone Sandroni in Amsterdam and Munich.
Since 2011 Fernando lives in Berlin and has worked for Toula Limnaios, Shangchi Sun, Wee Dance Company-Gerhart Hauptmann Theater Görlitz, Hagit Yakira Dance (London, Uk), PlanMee (Nürnberg, Germany), Ruben Reniers (Berlin, Germany), Canan Erek (Berlin, Germany), Junk Ensemble (Ireland), Meg-Stuart (Berlin, Germany), Ivo Dimchev (Berlin, Germany), Luis Lara Malvacías and Jeremy Nelson (Berlin, Germany) among others.
He is currently working as performer for Sasha Waltz and Guests and SZENE 2WEI
CHOREOGRAPHY / REHEARSAL DIRECTOR
Februay 2012- May 2012 “Open for Everything” at Constanza Macras / Dorky Park,(www.dorkypark.org) Berlin, Germany.
July 2015 Jorge Crecis in the creation “The Gatherer” for Leshan Opera, Leshan, Sichuan China.
Dec 2016-March 2017 “Twelve” by Jorge Crecis at Acosta Danza, Premiered in Sadler´s Wells London
June 2017 Shangchi Sun in Europa_Fata Morgana, 18th Poesiefestival Berlin, Haus für Poesie.
as part of Bach Bewegt, Tanzcompany des GHT Görlitz- Zittau / Wee Dance Company.
UN FUEGO LENTO
Film- Lara Rodriguez Cruz
Music- Sara Galán García
Dance- Fernando Balsera
as part of Zukunftvision Festival, premiered in 2013
The work is fully inspired in the idea of song lines, which were lines that the aboriginals in Australia created all over the landscape based in the Land marks of the territory. This lines were used to navigate across this abrupt desert and to connect with their ancestors.
Each rock, space, hill had notes that were connected to their dreaming song. All these song lines, together, created a map of dreams and music with lines who were connecting past and future
Dance-creation: Rosalind Masson- Fernando Balsera
Based on the work of Elisabeth Kübler Ross, she defines that grief can become one of the most challenging and overwhelming experiences a human being has to deal with.
Our perception affects the emotions we live in, which are directly translated in to our behavior, that again affects our choices and ultimately our believes..
The piece was created during a residency at Kunstbus Oberlausitz 2017, further developed and premiered in February 2018 at Saravah-Tokyo, Shibuya, Tokyo.
SIY Leadership Institute
Search Inside Yourself was born at Google from a dream to change the world. It began in 2007 when a team of leading experts in mindfulness, neuroscience and emotional intelligence developed an internal course for fellow Google employees. It quickly became an incredibly popular training program within Google and externally.
The Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) was established in 2012 as an independent nonprofit organization. Since then, Search Inside Yourself has become a globally recognized program and SIYLI continues to work with Google, as well as other corporate, nonprofit and government organizations around the world.
MBSR Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
As early as 1979, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn and his colleagues at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center’s Stress Reduction Clinic. Today, MBSR is offered in many hundreds of hospitals, clinics, health centers, educational, management and other settings around the world.
The 8-week stress reduction program is based on intensive training in mindfulness. It was initially targeted to people with chronic health problems, helping them to cope with the effects of pain, illness and the impact of these conditions on their lives.
Since 1979, there has been a tremendous amount of research coming out of Harvard, UCLA, Stanford, UW-Madison and many more high-ranking institutions.
Today MBSR is taught to people throughout the world who are experiencing challenges in all areas of life.
"Between stimulus and response there's a space, in that space lies our power to choose our response, in our response lies our growth and our freedom."
Viktor Frankl (Psychiatrist and Holocaust survivor)
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them”
- July 2009, Graduated with a POSTGRADUATE IN ADVANCED DANCE STUDIES at THE PLACE, LONDON CONTEMPORARY DANCE SCHOOL.
- Nov 2018 MA. HIGH MANAGEMENT- REY JUAN CARLOS UNIVERSITY, (www.urjc.es).
- Oct 2016, MBA, EUDE BUSINESS SCHOOL Madrid, Spain (http://www.eude.es).
- June 2008- Sept 2004, MASTER DEGREE IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES at UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE MADRID , Ciudad de Cantoblanco, Madrid, SPAIN (www.uam.es)
MBSR- MBCT Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction certified teacher. Mindfulness Academy Solterreno
SIY- Search Inside Yourself Certified Teacher.
- Currently working for SASHA WALTZ AND GUESTS in the production noBody,(https://www.sashawaltz.de/), Berlin, Germany
- March-July 2018 Luis Lara Malvacías and Jeremy Nelson (www.jeremynelsondance.org) in their production “2028”, Radial System Berlin.
- May 2018- October 2018 performer in the production Das Erbe// Politics on The Ground by PLAN MEE-EVA BORRMANN (https://www.planmee.de/), NÜRNBERG, Germany.
- March 2018 dancer in the production Sketches/ Notebook/SUPERNOVA by MEG STUART/ DAMAGED GOODS (www.damagedgoods.be), Berlin, Germany.
- Dec 2017- March 2018 dancer in the production LINES by Canan Erek (http://cananerek.de) Berlin, Germany.
- May 2017- Oct 2017 dancer in the production Soldier Still by Junk Ensemble (http://www.junkensemble.com), Dublin, Ireland.
- July 2015- March 2017 dancer for Hagit Yakira Dance in the production Free Falling (http://www.hagityakira.com), London, UK.
- March 2016- Aug 2016 dancer in the production Promenade and in the production SPUR by Shangchi Sun (http://www.shangchi.de) Berlin, Germany.
- Sept 2012- July 2015, member of Tanzcompany des GHT Görlitz- Zittau / Wee Dance Company (www.g-h-t.de) Görlitz, Germany.
- January 2012- Sept 2012, dancer in the production Breakfast of Shangchi Sun, (http://www.shangchi.de) Berlin, Germany.
- Februay 2012- May 2012, Assistant Director in the production “Open for Everything” at Constanza Macras / Dorky Park,(www.dorkypark.org) Berlin, Germany.
- March 2011- December 2012 member of the dance company, Cie. Toula Limnaios (www.toula.de), Berlin, Germany.
- July 2013, “TRACES” as part of Zukunftvision Festival, Görlitz, Germany.
- Summer 2013: “Un Fuego Lento” Dance movie by Lara Rodriguez, Sara Galán and Fernando Balsera.
- July 2015 Rehearsal Director for Jorge Crecis in the creation “The Gatherer” for Leshan Opera, Leshan, China.
- Dec 2016-March 2017 Choreographic Assistant of “Twelve” by Jorge Crecis at Acosta Danza, directed by Carlos Acosta, La Habana, Cuba and Sadler´s Wells London, UK.
- June 2017 Choreographic Assistant for Shangchi Sun in Europa_Fata Morgana, 18th Poesiefestival Berlin, Haus für Poesie.
- February 2018, Taboo-sangría, work created during a residency at Kunstbus Oberlausitz 2017, further developed in Berlin and premiered at Saravah-Tokyo, Shibuya, Tokyo.